Weekly review of Marshall Alumni in the NFL:
1. Ahmad Bradshaw, Running Back, New York Giants
Ahmad Bradshaw rushed for a team high 44 yards on 13 carries with a touchdown during New York’s 28 – 14 loss to Washington. He also caught one pass for ten yards.
2. C.J Spillman, Safety, San Francisco 49ers
Playing on special teams and occasionally at safety C.J Spillman registered one tackle while his San Francisco 49ers defeated Seattle 33 – 17.
3. Chris Crocker, Safety, Cincinnati Bengals
Chris Crocker started at Safety for the Bengals and recorded three tackles, one sack, and forced fumble. Cincinnati beat Cleveland 27 – 17.
4. Doug Legursky, Guard/Center, Pittsburgh Steelers
Doug Legursky received his first NFL opening day start, manning right guard for Pittsburgh on Sunday. Unfortunately, the Steelers offensive line allowed four sacks while only gaining 66 rushing yards against Baltimore. The Ravens crushed Pittsburgh 35 – 7.
5. Byron Lefwich, Quarterback, Pittsburgh Steelers*
* On injured reserved, broken arm.
6. Albert McClellan, Linebacker, Baltimore Ravens
Activated for his first ever NFL regular season game Albert McClellan did not register any stats during Baltimore’s 35 – 7 win over Pittsburgh.
7. Lee Smith, Tight End, Buffalo Bills
Lee Smith was on the Bill’s inactive list as they beat Kansas City 41 – 7.