Friday, March 19, 2010

Clearing up some confusion

There has been a lot of talk today about my post on Darius Marshall’s pro day absence. Let me describe how that post came about.

On Thursday the Herald Dispatch ran an article about Marshall’s pro day. The author (Anthony Hanshew) listed a number of former Marshall players who participated at the pro day but left out Darius Marshall. I figured that Hanshew might have failed to mention Marshall so I emailed a Marshall media contact of mine this exact question “Any word on why Darius Marshall skipped Marshall's pro-day yesterday?” The media contact replied with a simple “No” and a related follow up which I will not share.

Now it is entirely possible my contact read the same article I did and assumed Marshall was not present. It is also entirely possible they know Marshall was not in attendance. Either way, with the information at hand I felt comfortable posting about Marshall’s absence.

To clear up this matter I have emailed Anthony Hanshew at the Herald Dispatch to see if Marshall was at the pro day.

As every long time Marshall Thundering Blog reader knows I just post the news. This is not a place for my personal speculation or opinion. Over 75% of my post are simple links to Marshall athletic news.

Thanks for your patients while I get to the bottom of this and I will be back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment