Friday, January 6, 2012

Marshall Basketball: Justin Coleman re-joins the Herd

Per a tweet by WSAZ sports caster Keith Morehouse, Justin Coleman has rejoined Marshall's basketball team and is travailing with the Thundering Herd to Houston for Saturday's game against Rice.

Coleman was suspended indefinitely after using a cell phone on the bench during Marshall's 79-74 road loss at Belmont on December 29th. Prior to his suspension Coleman was averaging 6.2 points and 2.9 rebounds per game.

Coleman released this statement through the Marshall sports information office upon re-joining the team:

“I would like to offer my sincere apology to my family, teammates, coaches, our great fans and especially to coach Herrion for my poor decisions,” Coleman said. “I regret any unnecessary attention this has caused our school and basketball program. I am very thankful to rejoin my teammates and look to learn from my mistakes as I move forward.”

Keith Morehouse's twitter account can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment