Monday, December 7, 2009

Chad Pennington Statement

“Amidst speculation and rumors concerning my involvement with the search for the next head football coach of Marshall University, I want to clarify that I am not part of a search committee. I have received numerous phone calls from potential candidates and have merely passed the information along to Athletic Director Mike Hamrick. Mike and I have been in contact, and I want to thank him for respecting my opinion concerning our football program. However, because of my relationship with former coaches and my strong belief in Coach Bob Pruett, I cannot objectively give my input in this process. This crucial decision must be handled by the key decision makers of our university including Mike Hamrick and President Stephen Kopp. I will continue to support our university as well as our football program in the future. My hope is that our leaders will choose the right candidate to lead our football program.”

Does this mean coach Pruett is a candidate?

http://blogs.dailymail.com/marshall/2009/12/07/chad-pennington-speaks/

No comments:

Post a Comment