Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Red Dawson Visits Leon High School (FL)

From WCTV.TV: http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/92814559.html

Students at Leon High got a visit from a former Seminole who was also part of a very famous football team.

The students wrote letters to Red Dawson, one of the coaches at Marshall University who was *not* on the plane that crashed killing players, coaches, boosters and parents in 1970.
Red talked to the students about the tragedy, how the movie lived up to real life, and how important it is to do what's right.

"Maybe one of them might get motivated to work hard, and be somebody and I just wanted to see the students," says Dawson.

"What I can take away from it is to just stay working hard, keep my mind set straight on school and my books and play football with all my heart and make sure I finish out the school year," says Christiaan Davis, one of the students who wrote to Dawson.

Dawson still lives in West Virginia but still visits Valdosta where he grew up

No comments:

Post a Comment