WR (z) – Craig Wilkins, Angelo Jean-Louis, Demetrius Evans
WR (x) – Davonte Allen, Justin Hunt, Chris Alston Jr.
WR (slot) – Tommy Shuler, Deandre Reaves
LT – Sebastian Johansson, AJ Addison, Chris Huhn
LG – Blake Brooks, Tom Collins, Will Mendoza
C – Chris Jasperse, Cam Dees, Cody Collins
RG – Michael Selby, Trevor Mendelson, x-Tyler Combs
RT – Clint Van Horn, Sandley Jean-Felix, Eric Ansley
TE/H-back – Eric Frohnapfel, Devon Johnson, Joe Woodrum/DeonTay McManus
QB – Rakeem Cato, Gunnar Holcombe, Kevin Anderson
RB – Steward Butler, Remi Watson
DE – Ra’Shawde Myers, Ricardo Williams, Joe Massaquoi
NT – Jarquez Samuel, Josh Brown, Malcolm Strong
DT – James Rouse, Steve Dillon, Marcus Gilchrist
DE (Fox) – Gary Thompson, Arnold Blackmon, Armonze Daniel
OLB (Sam) – D.J. Hunter, Raheem Waiters
MLB (Mike) -- Jermaine Holmes, x-Neville Hewitt, Cortez Carter, x-Kent Turene
ILB (Will) – Evan McKelvey, Stefan Houston
CB – Corey Tindal, Keith Baxter, Donaldven Manning
SS – Tiquan Lang, Taj Letman
FS – A.J. Leggett, Taj Letman, Corie Wilson/Andre Scott
CB – Darryl Roberts, Michael Johnson
Nickel – Corey Tindal, Michael Johnson
PK – Justin Haig, Nick Smith
KO – Amoretto Curraj, Kaare Vedvik
P – Tyler Williams, Nick Smith
LS – Matt Cincotta
H – Tyler Williams
KR – Deandre Reaves, Tiquan Lang
PR – Deandre Reaves, Tommy Shuler
x -- Hewitt, Combs, Turene are expected to miss spring practice while recovering from surgery
- After playing guard last season, Sebastian Johansson is penciled in to take over at left tackle.
- Blake Brooks slides in at left guard, taking the spot vacated by Johansson's move to tackle.
- Although he has participated in the team off-season conditioning program, running back Kevin Grooms is not yet an official member of the Herd. Marshall head coach Doc Holliday spoke about Grooms status on HerdZone.com, “Grooms isn’t back as an official member of the team yet,” Holliday said. “He still needs to earn back the trust of his teammates and the coaches before he’s a part of the team again. We’ll decide when that’s going to be.”
- Marshall has plenty of depth at tight end with Devon Johnson and Eric Frohnapfel returning, but watch out for redshirt freshman DeonTay McManus. The one time WVU commitment was a four star recruit out of Baltimore in 2012.
- The most experienced of Marshall's backup quarterbacks, Gunnar Holcombe is listed directly behind Rakeem Cato on the Herd's depth chart
- Ra'Shawde Myers is shown as the starter at defensive end but expect him to be pushed by Miami transfer Ricardo Williams.
- DJ Hunter is back at linebacker and expected to start. He lost his starting safety spot to Tiquan Lang midway through last season.
- After missing the entire 2013 season due to injury, Keith Baxter is back for spring practice.