Friday, February 26, 2010

C-USA: Land of second chances?

Dana O'Neil of ESPN.com has written an interesting article about C-USA basketball coaches centering on Matt Doherty & Larry Eustachy. I would highly recommend reading it, link below:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=oneil_dana&id=4940844

A few quotes from the story:

"I've sat in conference meetings and thought, 'This is some frigging broken-down, dead refugee camp,'" Eustachy said. "It's kind of like Afghanistan."

"We're not a BCS league, but we're not a mid-major," Doherty said. "We're the next best thing."

"I miss the money," Eustachy said with a smile. "But I'm grateful to be here. I'm sure Matt is, too. I look at other people -- my good friend Kelvin Sampson, for instance -- who I know would be thrilled to be where I am."

No comments:

Post a Comment