Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Going Bowling?

Found this over at http://www.herdnation.com/. Each week Mark Schlabach and Bruce Feldman at ESPN put together a Bowl Prediction list ( http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections ). As of now Schlabach has us in the Eagle Bank bowl in Washington D.C at RFK Stadium against Army. Feldman has us playing Middle Tennessee State in the R + L Carries New Orleans bowl.

If we do not make the Liberty Bowl I would love to have us in Washington D.C for selfish reason. As a D.C resident I was lucky enough to see one Redskins game at RFK stadium before they moved to FedEx Field. I remember like it was yesterday. It was 1993 Richie Petitbon’s only year as Redskins head coach and I was sitting second deck with my Dad right between the goal post. It was one of few Redskin victories that season as Washington beat Atlanta 30 – 17. I have seen a lot of great games at RFK, every thing from MLS to MLB. My favorite moment was the Washington Nationals first home game in 2005. I turned in a English final early and drove seven hours down from Huntington for the game.

To put it bluntly RFK is a dump but it is my dump. I imagine you could relate it to Marshall fans feelings about old Fairfield Stadium. Besides the trip would be easy for Herd fans. As mentioned D.C is only 6 – 7 hours away from Huntington and there is a lot to do besides the game.

Either way I am getting ahead of my self. Have to get a few more wins before I start planning a December bowl trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment